Coronavirus – Covid 19
To All Coquille Bonheur Team Members & International Tours Operators
We refer to the Prime Minister’s yesterday press conference. Unfortunately, three cases of Coronavirus have been declared in Mauritius. With the spread of the Covid-19, Mauritius has extended travel restrictions. We understand that all foreign nationals, including Mauritian nationals and residents, will not be allowed entry to or transit through the Republic of Mauritius as from Thursday 19 March 2020, 20H00 GMT (00H00 local time), for a period of 14 days.
The fear of the coronavirus is affecting the world and now Mauritius. Bearing in mind the situation, the Management of CB has also decided to close its offices and all its operations with immediate effect. Management will be working from home and contactable on their usual telephones and emails. We will continue to support the business. We are making every effort to support and comply with the decisions of health officials and government to help contain the virus. we must take every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our employees, their families and the surrounding communities. These arrangements will remain in place until further notice and I thank you for your understanding.
The economy is severely affected. Please follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health to maintain your wellbeing and to minimize the chances of you or your family and friends being infected. The best ways to reduce the risk of getting this or any viral respiratory infection include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Don’t shake hands with people
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms of the common cold (coughing, sneezing, fever, or difficulty in breathing), and seek medical care
- The immune system is strengthened by healthy eating, exercise, and laughter.
We will continue to monitor this situation very closely and make updates as needed to ensure we are doing everything we can for our customers, employees and communities. Thank you to all our overseas partners for your continued support and encouragement. It is my sincere hope that our efforts around the world will help to contain the virus and best wishes to all for a speedy recovery worldwide.